Wilson, Greenville, Goldsboro, Rocky Mount, Raleigh & nearby areas
If you’re like many of our Goldsboro patients who visit us to help with teeth that have suffered from discoloration, excessive wear, trauma or decay, porcelain veneers may be the perfect solution. Veneers can effectively correct minor misalignments and conceal unsightly stains.
Although veneers can address a number of cosmetic dental issues, some people shy away from the treatment due to misconceptions they have encountered. Here are some of the most common myths about porcelain veneers:
- Myth No. 1: Veneers are unnaturally white. Modern veneers are customized to to seamlessly match the natural color, thickness and shape of a patient’s existing teeth.
- Myth No. 2: Veneers can’t help beyond simple aesthetics. While the primary purpose of veneers is to improve the overall appearance of a person’s smile, veneers are also important tools used to rebuild molars and fill out sunken cheeks.
- Myth No. 3: Veneers are only suitable for front teeth. Veneers are most commonly placed where they are most visible, on the front six teeth. However, they can also be placed on premolars and lower teeth.
- Myth No. 4: The application hurts. Veneers are placed after the patient has been given a local anesthetic, as with any major dental procedure. Any pain or discomfort is mostly eliminated.
- Myth No. 5: Before veneers can be placed, the entire tooth must be filed down. Although some tooth reshaping is often needed prior to veneer placement, most of it is minimal.
If you live in Wilson, Greenville, Rocky Mount or Goldsboro and have been considering porcelain veneers, contact Boles, Ham, Dixon & Boles today online or at 252-291-2892 to schedule an appointment.