Wilson, Greenville, Goldsboro, Rocky Mount, Raleigh & nearby areas
Dental crowns and porcelain veneers are two of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry restorations available to improve the appearance of your smile. While each of these treatments can be used to address a variety of issues, they are not interchangeable. It is important to understand the difference between the two.
Dental crowns are essentially caps which are placed over your tooth to cover and protect it. Dental crowns are an ideal choice for the following situations:
- To improve the appearance of a misshapen or discolored tooth
- To restore a broken or severely worn tooth
- To provide a prosthetic tooth for a dental implant
- To support a dental bridge
- To protect a tooth after a root canal
- To cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling that has minimal natural tooth structure remaining
Porcelain veneers, also called dental veneers, are thin shells of porcelain which get bonded to the front surface of your teeth to improve a variety of aesthetic imperfections. Unlike dental crowns which can be used for both aesthetic and functional purposes, porcelain veneers are strictly a cosmetic fix. They are an ideal choice to improve the appearance of the following:
- Discolored teeth
- Severely worn teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Irregularly shaped teeth
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Gapped teeth
At your initial consultation, our cosmetic dentists will determine whether dental crowns or dental veneers will be a better option for your needs, and we will devise a customized treatment plan to restore a beautiful, natural looking smile.
Please contact Boles, Ham, Dixon & Boles today to schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation. We serve patients in the Wilson, North Carolina area.