Wilson, Greenville, Goldsboro, Rocky Mount, Raleigh & nearby areas
In the past, patients seeking dental restoration had to visit a dentist’s office several times. Between visits, they’d wait as technicians in a laboratory fabricated their crowns by hand. Restoration could be an inconvenient and lengthy process. Today’s Greenville-area patients of Boles, Ham, Dixon & Boles have an exciting, time-saving alternative thanks to what’s known as a CEREC machine.
CEREC, which stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, is a complex machine that enables dentists to restore multiple teeth in just one visit. We make your crowns while you wait!
You can expect the following process when you come in for dental restoration:
- We photograph your teeth and upload the images to the CEREC machine.
- Using sophisticated software, we create a three-dimensional virtual model of the area needing restoration.
- We adjust the digital model to meet the exact requirements of the dental crowns you need.
- The model of your crown is uploaded to a milling device, which cuts your crown from a block of ceramic or other material.
- We place your new crowns.
- You go home after just one visit to the dentist!
With the CEREC machine, the Greenville dentists at Boles, Ham, Dixon, & Boles can custom-build dental restorations just for you, quickly and conveniently. To learn how this exciting technology can improve your appearance and oral health, please contact Boles, Ham, Dixon, & Boles today, or call 252-291-2892, to schedule an evaluation with one of our Greenville-area dentists.